Duties and responsibilities:
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to understand and support their sourcing needs (focus on clinical sourcing) and provide necessary guidance regarding procurement processes.
- Oversee planning, management, and execution of the full procurement life cycle from RFx stage to end of project reconciliation and close out.
- Lead end-to-end competitive sourcing initiatives to include bid list generation, requirements, management of RFP rules, development of selection criteria/ weighting, collaboration with internal stakeholders on supplier selection, cost analysis, and award notification.
- Negotiate a wide variety of contract types: CDA, MSA, SOW, SPA, CTA, SLA, Order Forms, etc.
- Identify and realize cost savings, cost avoidance, and cost reduction opportunities and build a culture of long-term savings on procurement costs without compromising supply assurance or quality.
- Continually explore new suppliers to optimize performance, efficiency, and transparency to stakeholders.
- Help develop, implement, and manage performance metrics and KPIs to proactively identify potential concerns, hold suppliers accountable, and uncover opportunities for process improvements and cost savings.
- Assist in developing financial analytics and reporting for project teams and various levels of management.
- Assist with monthly accruals, annual budgeting, and forecasting; ensure sourcing strategies are aligned with budget parameters.
- Support internal and external audit, vendor qualification, SOX compliance and due diligence requests as necessary.
- Build strong relationships and manage collaboration with vendors.
- Ensure sourcing practices are in accordance with corporate ethics, financial policy, and internal control requirements.
Qualifications include but not limited to:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration is required; advanced degree preferred
- 5-7 years of progressive experience in strategic sourcing, clinical outsourcing, procurement and/or vendor management experience in the bio-pharmaceutical industry required
- Outstanding organizational, planning, negotiation, financial management, and analytical skills
- In-depth knowledge of contracting terms, contract development/administration, procurement techniques, principles of negotiations, research and market analysis techniques required
- ERP/MRP system knowledge required; Beanworks experience a plus
- Advanced skills using Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio and procurement software and tools required
- Experience with SAP, Ariba, ClearTrial, Grant Plan preferred
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
Must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident of U.S. or otherwise authorized to work in the U.S. without requiring sponsorship now or in the future.
Predominantly office and WFH based with <20% travel