We are seeking an ambitious, highly motivated and experienced Research Scientist/Senior Scientist to join the mRNA engineering team. This is an exciting opportunity for a talented scientist to take a leading role in the development of a new class of biotherapeutic products.
We are looking for an individual who will thrive in a start-up and agile environment, and is able to coach, motivate, innovate and will relish the sense of accomplishment each day brings in our exciting company.
This position is based at Evox Therapeutics facility at the Oxford Science Park, Oxford, UK and reports to the Principal Scientist, Downstream Process Development
- Participating in a research project aimed at developing and delivering RNA-based exosome therapeutics.
- Responsible for the rigorous documentation of research methods and results, as well as development and optimization of protocols and procedures.
- Collation and presentation of findings and scientific data in written and oral formats.
- Collaborative participation in internal and external project teams, contributing to reports and presentations, patent applications, and regulatory documentation and filings, under appropriate guidance.
- Responsible for taking the lead on resolution of technical and scientific issues that affect the development of RNA-based exosomes therapeutics.
- Work in partnership with the other teams in Research & Developments as well as in Process Development.
- Ensure a healthy and safe working environment and compliance to GMO/ACDP requirements. (GLP)?
Education and Qualifications:
- PhD or BSc/MSc in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, or a related field.
- Ability to work as part of a team and demonstrate a collaborative mindset and a can-do attitude.
- Good conceptual, analytical thinking, problem solving, and organisational skills.
- Ability to be self-motivated and work within in a high paced team environment, meet deadlines, and prioritise work from multiple projects.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and projects at the same time and be able to change priorities as needed by the business.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Open-minded, self-motivated, attentive to detail, and dedicated to quality and compliance.
Experience & knowledge
- PhD or BSc/MSc with at least 4 years of experience in an academic lab or R&D company department focused on RNA Biology, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, or a similar discipline.
- Experience and understanding of mammalian cell culture, both adherent and suspension cells, RNA extraction, RT/qPCR, molecular cloning and routine analytical techniques such as SDS-PAGE, Western Blotting and biochemical assays are required.
- Pharmaceutical and/or biotech industry experience
- Experience with Exosome work and/or HPLC, TFF, NTA, flow cytometry, digital PCR, stable cell line generation and in vivo mouse model
- Good knowledge and experience on Lysosomal Storage Diseases
KEY BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES – ALL STAFF
People with Purpose – We are innovative and creative in the way we work and deliver. We treat each other with respect and dignity and work collaboratively to learn from each other’s strengths.
Driven to Deliver – We strive to deliver our objectives, and then look for our next challenge. We recognise our achievements and celebrate our successes.
Agile and Accountable – We respond to challenges impacting our progress and find creative and innovative solutions to overcome obstacles. We are brave and not afraid to change our approach to achieve a positive outcome in optimum time.
Candid and Constructive – We communicate with honesty and transparency throughout the team. We value giving and receiving constructive feedback to each other and our partners.