The role will be responsible for contributing to all experimental cellular and exosome engineering work (incl. exosome isolation, in vitro biochemical and biophysical characterisation assays, western blotting, RNA quantification, mammalian cell culture, and cloning). In addition, the post holder will support the activities of the site manager (incl. stock maintenance and associated systems, laboratory organisation, equipment management and administrative activities such as COSHH compliance).
- Molecular analysis of gene expression using qRT-PCR and western blotting methods
- Growth and maintenance of mammalian cell lines including primary cell cultures
- Cloning and plasmid manipulation
- Exosome characterisation and biochemical analysis
- Experience of working with RNA and RNA purification methods
- Evaluate the chemical and physical properties of molecules including peptides, proteins, bioconjugates, and LNPs relevant to biopharmaceutical drug development
- Supervise management of day to day activities and co-ordination with the project lead
- Keeping excellent records of all experiments, data and assisting with data analysis
- Ability to work independently and proactively contribute to scientific discussions, presentations and research plans
- To ensure that all work in the laboratory is conducted safely and is in line with all health and safety policies and procedures.
- A Ph.D (or equivalent) in a relevant subject with postgraduate experience gained in an industrial setting
- Experience with formulation and characterization of lipid nanoparticles and other polymeric and lipid delivery systems
- Knowledge of lipid or polymer chemistry in support of drug delivery systems
- Strong understanding of nanoparticle-mediated delivery (current challenges and barriers to efficacy particularly in vivo).
Experience & knowledge
- Relevant experience in molecular and cellular biology techniques.
- An ability to work both independently and as part of a research team.
- An ability to communicate effectively with others, particularly regarding the presentation of scientific data.
- Direct experience with RNA encapsulation, quantification experiments is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills both written and verbal
KEY BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES – ALL STAFF
People with Purpose – We are innovative and creative in the way we work and deliver. We treat each other with respect and dignity and work collaboratively to learn from each other’s strengths.
Driven to Deliver – We strive to deliver our objectives, and then look for our next challenge. We recognise our achievements and celebrate our successes.
Agile and Accountable – We respond to challenges impacting our progress and find creative and innovative solutions to overcome obstacles. We are brave and not afraid to change our approach to achieve a positive outcome in optimum time.
Candid and Constructive – We communicate with honesty and transparency throughout the team. We value giving and receiving constructive feedback to each other and our partners.