We are seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated Research Assistant to join the Exosome Targeting team. The role will participate in the development and implementation of new strategies for muscle targeting. This is an opportunity to join a fast paced, fast growing biotech and make an impact in the development of a new class of biotherapeutic products. The role will be responsible for supporting all experimental cellular and exosome engineering work (incl. exosome isolation, in vitro biochemical and biophysical characterisation assays, western blotting, RNA quantification, mammalian cell culture, and cloning). In addition, the post holder will support the activities of the site manager (incl. stock maintenance and associated systems, laboratory organisation, equipment management and administrative activities such as COSHH compliance).
- Molecular analysis of gene expression using qRT-PCR and western blotting methods
- Growth and maintenance of mammalian cell lines including primary cell cultures
- Cloning and plasmid manipulation
- Exosome characterisation and biochemical analysis
- Experience working with RNA and RNA purification methods
- Supervised management of day to day activities and co-ordination with the project lead
- Keeping excellent records of all experiments, data and assisting with data analysis
- Ability to work independently and contribute to research plans
- To participate in and contribute directly to scientific discussions with other members of the research group and collaborators on the project.
- To act always in the interests of the group and the centre to ensure good laboratory practice.
- 1 years’ experience Master’s degree (or equivalent) in a relevant subject.
- 1 years’ relevant experience in molecular and cellular biology techniques.
- An ability to work both independently and as part of a research team.
- An ability to communicate effectively with others, particularly regarding the presentation of scientific data.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both written and verbal
- Adaptable, enthusiastic, and approachable
KEY BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES – ALL STAFF
People with Purpose – We are innovative and creative in the way we work and deliver. We treat each other with respect and dignity and work collaboratively to learn from each other’s strengths.
Driven to Deliver – We strive to deliver our objectives, and then look for our next challenge. We recognise our achievements and celebrate our successes.
Agile and Accountable – We respond to challenges impacting our progress and find creative and innovative solutions to overcome obstacles. We are brave and not afraid to change our approach to achieve a positive outcome in optimum time.
Candid and Constructive – We communicate with honesty and transparency throughout the team. We value giving and receiving constructive feedback to each other and our partners.