This is an exciting opportunity for graduate Scientists to join our Research Manufacturing team. This team provides purified exosome development material required for in-vitro and in-vivo studies – supporting Discovery Research and CMC through to scale-up process demonstration batches and manufacture of material for ‘IND enabling’ studies. The Research Manufacturing team operates at scales ranging from material purified using pooled shake flasks through to large scale manufacture at 10-200L scale using both suspension and adherent systems that are coupled with platform DSP to produce formulated and filled ‘research’ drug product. In this role you will have the opportunity to gain unique broad experience across all aspects of upstream, downstream and analytics.
This position is based at Evox Therapeutics facility at the Oxford Science Park, Oxford, UK.
- Plan and execute upstream/downstream unit operations and analytical support activities.
- Prepare equipment and materials to support manufacturing activities.
- Perform process monitoring, in-process/final product analysis.
- Record and report data accurately, perform statistical analysis of data in a timely and accurate manner.
- Perform equipment calibrations and maintenance according to established protocols, prepare equipment, process and methods SOP’s as required.
- Ensure all manufacturing activities are performed safely (including risk assessments).
- Work with others in Manufacturing and Process Development to schedule work so it is completed within defined timelines.
- Recognise and inform line management of operational problems or scientific/technical issues relating to workplans, timely delivery etc.
- Suggest ideas for resolution of technical issues and/or operational improvement.
- Communicate within the Process Development group and as appropriate other functions within the company, presenting experimental data internally and drafting technical reports.
- When appropriate work with upstream/downstream and analytical development to support development activities.
Education and Qualifications:
- BSc or MSc degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Biochemical Engineering or science-related subject.
Experience & knowledge
- Experience of laboratory working gained through a biological BSc or MSc research project.
- Ideally, but not essential, you will be a sandwich degree graduate with relevant experience gained through a year industry placement or a graduate who has completed a degree apprenticeship.
- Understanding of the theory and basics of cell biology or protein biochemistry or biomedical analysis.
- You will need to demonstrate the ability to work well as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
KEY BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES – ALL STAFF
People with Purpose – We are innovative and creative in the way we work and deliver. We treat each other with respect and dignity and work collaboratively to learn from each other’s strengths.
Driven to Deliver – We strive to deliver our objectives, and then look for our next challenge. We recognise our achievements and celebrate our successes.
Agile and Accountable – We respond to challenges impacting our progress and find creative and innovative solutions to overcome obstacles. We are brave and not afraid to change our approach to achieve a positive outcome in optimum time.
Candid and Constructive – We communicate with honesty and transparency throughout the team. We value giving and receiving constructive feedback to each other and our partners.